5 CPD hours
5 CPD hours
Registration & virtual orientation
Morning Keynote Mental Wellness and a Remote-First World
At Calm, our mission is to make the world a happier, healthier place. Individualized well-being is a big trend this year and Calm is dedicated to bringing great content and experiences to everyone such that they can improve their overall mental wellness and find their centre, while remaining productive in their work.
- How to make mental wellness a business imperative
- Working in a remote-first environment
- How HR leaders can find our own ways to rest and recharge.
Chief People Officer, Calm
Improving your remote employee onboarding experience
Building a great remote employee onboarding experience is a top priority for many businesses this year as it affects every single new hire. Therefore, it is imperative to continue improving your process and technology to ensure that every new hire is set up for success from day one. This session will provide you with tips and shortcuts you can use to give your new hires the best experience possible.
- How to ensure employee retention and creating a great team culture.
- Focusing on the employee experience during onboarding.
- Making your onboarding experience stand out
- Tools used to create the best experience possible
Human Resources Director, Tinder
Panel Discussion: Hybrid and remote working as the new normal? Preparing for the new landscape of work
The overnight shift to remote work last year has had a significant and lasting impact. Many large organizations have announced their permanent shift to hybrid working as their new normal, but are we prepared for what is on the horizon?
- Creating a solid policy for hybrid working
- Tech tips on how to ensure equity between remote and office-based workers
- Top digital solutions to foster a collaborative environment away from the office
- Implementing support and recognition initiatives
Vice-President, Professional and Leadership Development, Canadian College of Health Leaders
HR Chief Operating Officer, HSBC Canada
CHRO, Entertainment One
Chief of Staff, GCS Americas Revenue Strategy & Operations, Google
Chief Administrative Officer, VP Legal, Corporate Affairs and HR, The Kraft Heinz Company
Networking & Lunch Break
Break out 12:15pm – Today, Eric will share his insights on how AI can be harnessed to help rid the employment process of bias.
EVP Innovation, Modern Hire
The Power of Data to Remove Bias: Using People Data to Enrich Decision-Making
While the importance of diversity and inclusion in organizations is well-known, using data to inform these efforts is the new frontier.
With the dangers of hidden bias firmly established, many organizations are still grappling with how to capture data sets and leverage insights to shed new light on old habits.
Join Chief Customer Officer and President (intelliHR, the Americas) Glenn Donaldson, to understand how to capture the right type of people data, create connections and insights, and redesign archaic processes.
This session will cover:
- Which types of people data your organization should be capturing, and why
- How to leverage machine learning and insights to enrich decision-making
- How data can amplify the intelligence in your organization, paving new paths to the future
- How to better shape your HR processes to increase the amount of data being collected and evolve trust between your employees, their data and your organisation
Chief Customer Officer and President intelliHR Americas, intelliHR
Fireside chat: How HR leaders can help lead as we build forward
In a Boston Consulting Group survey of 12,000 professionals, 60% said that they want flexibility in where and when they work. This entails a rethinking of how we relate to the office and how teams communicate in a hybrid future.
Lynne Oldham, Chief People Officer at Zoom Video Communications, Inc. had a front row seat to the remote work revolution of the last year and is now in the mix helping companies determine how—and where—companies of the future will operate. Join Lynne to discuss:
- Nurturing and maintaining culture across distributed teams
- Virtual hiring and onboarding
- Lessons from the last year we should carry forward
CHRO, People & Culture, Author, President, Lean in Canada
Chief People Officer, Zoom
Panel Discussion: People analytics: Using employee data to draw valuable insights
Today, we are inundated with data, especially with all the surveys that organizations are doing to gather employee feedback. However, not everything may be relevant or helpful for the business. Analytics may seem overwhelming to leaders unfamiliar with the field — especially with the sheer amount of data we are exposed to these days. This session will help HR leaders cut through the noise and draw out what is useful for the organization.
- How can leaders be better at applying the data to their work?
- Identifying the needs and opportunities of your business
- Recognizing when a consultive approach to data collection is required
- How can leaders choose the ‘best’ and ‘right’ metrics when working with data?
Executive Relationship Manager, ADP
Senior People Data Scientist, Uber
Networking & Coffee break
Breakout: A cultural shift towards employee-centricity?Employee engagement strategies are a key mechanism for smoothly running businesses efficiently. In today’s digital age of personalization, companies are now learning to leverage their employees’ passion, motivations, diversity and cultural background to champion their corporate mission.
- What does HR stand to win in the future by shifting towards an employee-centric mindset?
- Promote corporate cultures that emphasize diversity and cross-functionality of knowledge and skills
- Adopt an inclusive approach to employees with individual action plans to achieve employee centricity
Product consultant and Culture Ambassador, Cegid
Panel Discussion: Reinventing HR for a digital landscape
Activities like recruiting and onboarding have changed significantly. These activities, as well as performance management and even employee discipline and termination, have traditionally relied heavily on in-person conversations. What does best practice digital HR look like today?
- What technology allows for HR to stay connected and updated on employee productivity?
- Changing the way your organization’s culture is structured to make it inclusive to both remote and in-house employees
- How to recreate the experience of spontaneous interactions to foster a collaborative, creative, and innovative environment
Learning Manager, Aviva Canada
People Programs, Door Dash
Head of HR Wealth Management International & Global Asset Management, RBC
Strategic Advisor, UKG
The Future of Work is Already Here! How are you preparing for it?
As we continue designing our organizational models and operating systems of the future, we need to prepare our people for the new world of work – both today and tomorrow. Let's all build a better world of work by focusing on employees first, for a change.
- The pandemic, social justice & trauma have put unique and concentrated stress on HR leaders. Burnout in our field was a real issue before the pandemic and has only intensified over the past year. How do we ensure employees stay healthy?
- How can HR leaders ensure they’re taking care of themselves in order to better support their organizations?
- Taking some small steps to put your oxygen mask on first for a change
Chief People Officer, Kickstarter
Closing keynote: Navigating Through Adversity – where business strategy and technology intersect
The last year has been a huge challenge for everyone and the intersection between strategy and business has been critical in determining how effective organizations have been in navigating a path through the adversity we all faced.
- How business strategy & technology interacted at each phase of WFH through 2020 and into 2021
- What worked and where gaps were highlighted in the technology strategy supporting the business and
- The learnings of the last 15 months and how they will help influence and shape the building of a better future
Chief People Officer, GSN Games